Martes, Pebrero 17, 2015

Organically, Orgasmically Heavenly!!!

"Fight so hard that even fate accepts its defeat."
I was supposed to eat at Zark's Burger but I could not find its location when I was driving along President's Avenue here in Paranaque. But I guess fate has decided a different course for me as I ended up trying out this place called The Urban Farm.
   

        

   

Once I entered, I immediately fell in-love with the restaurant and its light, cozy ambiance. Their tagline "Farm Healthy Good Food" would not only be appreciated in their menu but their interiors also make you feel that everything in it is quite nature-friendly.

Even their table napkins have green hues. ;)
See if you can find the heart-shaped leaf! <3
I was greeted by a waitress who was so accommodating. She offered a complimentary hot tea which was very soothing.

Complimentary Tarragon Tea
As I browsed through the menu, I decided to start with a Pumpkin Malunggay soup which is one of their recommended dishes. The soup was very creamy. I actually enjoyed dipping the bread on the side in the soup. It gives you this warm, homey feeling and it is something you would want to gulp and finish when you are sick or during the rainy days.

Pumpkin Malunggay Soup
Given that I am a salmon lover, there was no question in my mind that I wanted to try their Salmon and Mash as my main entrée. And I was not disappointed. The salmon meat was fresh and moist while its skin was cooked with just the right amount of crispiness. The mashed potato was delicious and the veggies were superb. I finished everything on the plate and it was very satisfying.



I was hesitant to order dessert because I felt full already after the soup and salmon but since it was my first time, I decided to give it a go and treat myself with a Pumpkin Malunggay cupcake. At first, I didn't know what to expect since pumpkin and malunggay for a cupcake seems to be a weird combination but it was really interesting. The cupcake really went well with the citrusness of the maple cream cheese on top.

 

After a very hearty meal, I went to the bathroom and noticed that the faucet outside was made of bamboo which I think was a clever idea sticking to the restaurant's theme.

Bamboo faucet
And with the mirror in front of me, I decided to take a selfie...Can you see my sense of accomplishment and satisfaction? I would definitely recommend The Urban Farm to my friends especially to those who love anything fresh and organic. Until my next food blog...thanks for reading! :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento